In this section
- Duck Race
- Big Country Walks
- Easter on Balcalk Hill
- Open Air Communion
- Film Nights
- Retirement of Rev David Collins
- Christmas Fayre
- Last Big Country Walk of 2016
- First Big Country Walk of 2017
- Sidlaw Regnal 20th anniversary
- Next Film Night
- Celebration of Baptism
- A spring in your step BIG WALKS programme
- "Desert Island Hymns" is back!
- Next Film Night
- Last Film Night of the session
- Last of the Spring Walks
- Auchterhouse Big Coffee Morning
- Afternoon Tea
- Latest news from Eco-Congregation Scotland
- Floral Workshop
- Summer Walks 2017
- Afternoon Tea at Murroes Church Hall
- Induction of Rev. Jean de Villiers
- MNMT Christmas Fayre
- Christmas Songs of Praise in Murroes Church
- Christmas Eve Services
- This Week's Notices
- Church Magazine
A spring in your step BIG WALKS programme
Article Date: 2nd March 2017
These are Sunday afternoon walks suitable for all, normally around 4 miles and not too steep. Still, we advise walkers to wear boots, or tough shoes, and carry foul weather gear always … this is Scotland by the way!
SUNDAY 12th MARCH
MATTOCKS CIRCUIT, 3 miles easy. Meet at 2-15 pm near The WELLBANK INN. The route goes through fields and the Kingennie estate. Nice but muddy. No rolling.
SUNDAY 26th MARCH
ELIOT TO ARBIRLOT, 3.5 miles easy. Park just off the Arbroath dual carriageway to the left of the last roundabout at ELIOT 2-15. Follow old rail line to Arbirlot, and back. Woods. No naughtiness.
SUNDAY 9th APRIL
NORTH BALLUDERON TO AUCHTERHOUSE, 4 miles, energetic but not too strenuous. Park at North Balluderon farm watching out for natives, 2-15pm. Possible loop on Auchterhouse hill. Wild country. No dancing.
SUNDAY 30th APRIL
LUNDIE CRAGS, 4.5 miles, uphill but very gradual ascent. Meet at lay-by at Tullybaccart at 2-15pm. Rewarding views. A highland walk. Kilts must be worn.
SUNDAY 14th MAY
MONTROSE BEACH CIRCUIT, 4 miles, easy. Meet at the Montrose promenade car park, 2-30pm. Good family outing. Sophisticated Scottish resort. Armani Beachwear compulsory.