In this section
- Monikie & Newbigging
- Murroes & Tealing
The Sidlaw Churches
We are three rural churches set amidst the beautiful countryside of Angus at the foot of the Sidlaw Hills, yet only 15 minutes from the centre of Dundee.
As linked and united charges, we share a minister and work together.
We are delighted to welcome people of different traditions to join with us in worshipping God and in serving our communities.
About the Church of Scotland
The vision of The Church of Scotland is to be a church which seeks to inspire the people of Scotland and beyond with the Good News of Jesus Christ through enthusiastic worshipping, witnessing, nurturing and serving communities.
Auchterhouse Church is in Kirkton of Auchterhouse between Bonnyton Road and Auchterhouse School, with access from both Bonnyton Road and Main Street. For a map showing the church location, click on the following link:
Map Link: Auchterhouse Church
The post code is DD3 0QS. There is a small Car Park off Bonnyton Road.
Getting married in Auchterhouse Church
Built in 1630, but retaining elements of an earlier 15th century church, Auchterhouse Church is a wonderful wedding venue. To find out more, visit our Weddings page.
Monikie Church is located at a sharp bend on the B961 north-east of Monikie village and Monikie country Park and Reservoir. Post Code is DD5 3QN.
To see its location on a map click the following link:
Map Link: Monikie Church
There is a car park on the north side of the church.
Getting married in Monikie Church
Being in a quiet rural location with off-road parking, the historical Monikie Church is a beautiful venue for a wedding.
To find out more, visit our Weddings page.
Murroes Church and Hall are located to the east of the village of Kellas and the B978. The Post Code is DD5 3PB. For a map showing the location, click on the following link:
Map Link: Murroes Church
There is a large car park adjacent to the church hall.
Getting Married in Murroes Church
The present church was built in 1848, but there has been a church on the same site for over 800 years, making it a unique wedding venue in a quiet but easily accessible location with an adjacent car park. To find out more, visit our Weddings page.